Monday, January 10, 2011

Trying to be a good mom despite a child's prayers

Jaden's prayers have been quite amazing lately...

Like asking that school will be really super duper fast for everyone in the whole Universe!
(hmmm...not an ego boost for this hard working mommy/teacher)

Or tonight: "Please bless that we can go to bed early but kinda late..."

Making scrambled eggs for the first time
This is all reminding me of the time Jesse was boo-hoooing that his kids were growing up too fast and Jaden said, "Don't worry Dad, I might visit you when I grow up."


Wow! It's moments like these that make me wonder how I ever survive parenthood. I mean really? Half the time my kids can't even stand me!!

But...tonight I got to snuggle on the couch with my baby boy. I saw his cute little feet and his darling hands as he fell asleep in my arms. That's how I survive! It's those small moments that melt my heart and give me the determination to be the best mom I can be.

So thank you, Jaden, for your little prayers. Even though they are not always flattering, I know that you are worth every bit of effort it takes to be your mommy!

Brothers and Friends

1 comment:

  1. LOL! :D I love those prayers! (And knowing that we are not alone! ;)

    PS. You are a good mama. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive