My first activity of the New Year is to make granola. I love to eat this for breakfast every morning. It is crispy with a sweet honey flavor and a hint of coconut.
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup All Bran cereal
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds or pecans
1 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil (you can use another oil if you prefer)
In a large mixing bowl stir together the dry ingredients. Warm the honey and oil and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes (stir half-way through baking time). Immediately spread the granola on a large sheet of parchment paper. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (24)
- Superbowl Scripture Game
- Sugar Foot Rag Clogging Practice Video
- Banana Stuffed French Toast with Plum Syrup
- The email Dallin made me send to his grandparents....
- A Third Birthday For My Baby
- Meatball Recipe and Meatball Sandwich
- Ashley's Dance Costume and "Dance Hair"
- A Broken Wrist
- How to Make a 10 Foot Snake
- Grandma Sally- a Breast Cancer Survivor
- Never walk down the stairs dragging a scarf!
- More Dolls for Donation to Haiti
- Farm Bread French Loaves
- Trying to be a good mom despite a child's prayers
- Dolls for MamaBaby Haiti
- Crochet Headband with Flower
- School Art Competition
- Potato and Onion Chowder
- Sourdough Pizza Recipe
- Snowmobile Day
- Book of Mormon Reading Charts for Children
- Crispy Granola Recipe
- If I Listen With My Heart
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2010 (57)