Thursday, January 27, 2011

Banana Stuffed French Toast with Plum Syrup

When it comes to eating this is my philosophy...

Eat carefully during the week and relax on the weekend!

French toast is my all-time favorite breakfast food (eggs are great, but I don't consider them a breakfast food as they are fantastic anytime of day on rice, spaghetti, tortillas or just plain).

So last weekend I enjoyed banana stuffed French toast with my homemade plum syrup.


Banana Stuffed French Toast Recipe
1 loaf unsliced bread (brioche, French)
2 bananas, sliced
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar

Slice your bread into 1 1/2 inch slices. Cut a pocket into each slice (leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch space from edge so it doesn't tear open). Stuff banana slices into the pockets.

Heat a large griddle on high. Grease with a little butter.

Beat remaining ingredients. Dip both sides of stuffed bread into the batter. Lay on griddle. Cook each side until golden or about 3-4 minutes.

Drizzle with your favorite syrup.

****If you are looking for the perfect breakfast for your Valentine...or want to cook for me...this would be my #1 choice!!!******

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive