When it comes to eating this is my philosophy...
Eat carefully during the week and relax on the weekend!
French toast is my all-time favorite breakfast food (eggs are great, but I don't consider them a breakfast food as they are fantastic anytime of day on rice, spaghetti, tortillas or just plain).
So last weekend I enjoyed banana stuffed French toast with my homemade plum syrup.
Banana Stuffed French Toast Recipe
1 loaf unsliced bread (brioche, French)
2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
Slice your bread into 1 1/2 inch slices. Cut a pocket into each slice (leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch space from edge so it doesn't tear open). Stuff banana slices into the pockets.
Heat a large griddle on high. Grease with a little butter.
Beat remaining ingredients. Dip both sides of stuffed bread into the batter. Lay on griddle. Cook each side until golden or about 3-4 minutes.
Drizzle with your favorite syrup.
****If you are looking for the perfect breakfast for your Valentine...or want to cook for me...this would be my #1 choice!!!******
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (24)
- Superbowl Scripture Game
- Sugar Foot Rag Clogging Practice Video
- Banana Stuffed French Toast with Plum Syrup
- The email Dallin made me send to his grandparents....
- A Third Birthday For My Baby
- Meatball Recipe and Meatball Sandwich
- Ashley's Dance Costume and "Dance Hair"
- A Broken Wrist
- How to Make a 10 Foot Snake
- Grandma Sally- a Breast Cancer Survivor
- Never walk down the stairs dragging a scarf!
- More Dolls for Donation to Haiti
- Farm Bread French Loaves
- Trying to be a good mom despite a child's prayers
- Dolls for MamaBaby Haiti
- Crochet Headband with Flower
- School Art Competition
- Potato and Onion Chowder
- Sourdough Pizza Recipe
- Snowmobile Day
- Book of Mormon Reading Charts for Children
- Crispy Granola Recipe
- If I Listen With My Heart
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2010 (57)