Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sourdough Pizza Recipe

We make pizza at least once a week with lots of leftovers for the days to follow. So when I made it on New Year's day I was asked to share my dough recipe.

After years of trying out recipes Jesse and I found that sourdough gives pizza the perfect texture. We aren't very fond of "sour" sourdough so we only let the starter sit out for a few hours.
Sourdough Pizza Recipe
2 Tablespoons yeast
2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoons salt
3/4 cup sourdough starter
6 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients- setting aside one cup of flour. Beat for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the flour.

Divide into three balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer at least overnight.

Remove dough from the freezer 4-6 hours before needed.

Heat oven and pizza stone to 500 (if your oven goes hotter then make it as hot as you can).

Roll the dough out. Cover in toppings. Bake on a hot stone for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and slice while hot.

*This pizza has artichoke dip and olives. I will post my red pizza sauce recipe for those wanting it.

** My husband just saw this and said, "that's the worst looking pizza!" So...I guess my pizza looks gross, but man is it good!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. I'm hungry. Mom Sauer is coming tomorrow and we'll have some solid meals! Yippee!
    Oh, this is David. I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive