Thursday, December 9, 2010

My thoughts on the Nie Nie Dialogues

I have been reading the Nie Nie Dialogues. For those of you who don't know her, she and her husband were flying a small plane and both suffered burns in an accident. Her burns were quite severe. She writes on her blog about the joy of being alive and with her family.

Go Here to read more about her.


As I read her blog I am taken back 21 years. Back to the days after my accident. Those days where I would walk through the mall with my arm in a brace held high above my head. Those days where everyone would stop and stare, and many would send their little ones to ask me what had happened. Those days where my mother would accidentally dry my good leg carefully and then absently scrub my stitched leg dry (Bless her heart! She was a butter-finger of a nurse. You know, spilling my bedpan on me and stuff like that!).

Stephanie's blog has reminded me of that feeling of insecurity, wondering if I would ever look normal again and just blend back into the crowd. Trial and tragedy happen to us all. Slowly the scars inside and out are healed, and yes, we blend back in. However, the lessons learned and the blessing given never go away. I am thankful that I have scars from head to toe, because with them came the richest blessings the Lord had in store for me.

Each time I read her blog I want to tell her this. It passes quickly.

1 comment:

  1. You should post pictures of your arm before and after and talk more about the accident. That would be very interesting. My 2¢

    ReplyDelete