Over the past year I have been making these bookmarks for the recently widowed. I wasn't going to blog about this because it just seems so simple. However, it has been very special to the receivers.
I usually use the picture from the funeral program along with any quotes or their name and date of birth and death. I figure that whatever is on the program must be something they really like, so I use the same colors too. Then I take some scrapbook paper and a pressed seasonal item (ie: leaf, flower, sprig of grass) and laminate them together.
Here's my most recent one- although I didn't have a funeral program to work with.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (62)
- Confessions of a Blogging Mom
- A Bookmark to Remember By
- Tamales- or Guatemalan chuchitos
- Christmas Fruitcake
- Martha Stewart? Not me!!
- Old Fashioned BBQ Sandwiches
- My thoughts on the Nie Nie Dialogues
- Fantastic Christmas Book
- Education Blog
- Fun Advent Calendar (or 12 Days of Christmas)
- First tooth, a Christmas gift and back to bed
- ▼ December (11)