Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Centerpiece and Game

It is blizzardy outside and yes, it's a snow-day!! Even my man gets the day off- you know closed highways will do that to you. So while he and the kids are downstairs playing the Wii I get to share a fun activity we did yesterday.

Cute, huh? They are a multi-functional centerpiece. We used them for a little family night game about being thankful, and now they are decorating the house.

Here's what you'll need:
paper cups
sheets of different colored paper
glue sticks
scissors
crayons

1. Print the bodies on white paper and color them in. Print the feathers on different colors of paper.
(I tried to load my templates, but they just didn't work... try this link for another option)
therapyfunzone turkey pattern
2. Cut them all out.
3. Write things you are thankful for on each feather.
4. Glue feathers in a fan shape on each cup, then glue the body over the feathers.

For the Game
The game was simple since the children are little. We each wore a turkey on our heads so that we couldn't read our own words. Then we went round-robin saying what we were thankful for. When a person said one of the words on their turkey they got a point. It was a good reminder of all the things we have to be grateful for.

I love that my children can have fun with each other in such a simple way. It is what I have longed for all my life. I remember growing up with no TV and relatively few toys and my best friends in the world were my family. I enjoy watching similar relationships develop between my sweet children.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who need to be out on the roads today. Drive carefully and may the Lord watch over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment