Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Church… or “Man-Catcher Brownies”


 So on Sunday I was sitting at church and all I could think about were the “Man-catcher Brownies”. They are by far the best brownies in the world (and I can say this because I have tried every brownie the whole world over, haha).


Normally, I would have gone home after church and straight to the kitchen…do not pass go…do not collect $200! But I was visiting at a friend’s house and it would have been terribly rude to do such a thing (and yes! I felt guilty dreaming about that much sugar at her very healthy home)!!

Now I am home with my Strep Throat victims and we have absolutely no desire for chocolate. So, for those of you craving a sweet chocolate treat…make these and think of me with every bite you take!

This is how happy they make us…
Somehow he makes these fudgey brownies look crumbly!
WARNING: These are thick, moist, and very chocolaty!

Man-catcher Brownies (this is from the Washington Post)

3 sticks butter
2 cups cocoa powder
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking oil spray.

Melt the butter and add the cocoa powder, stirring to combine. Let cool slightly.

Add eggs, sugars and vanilla. Fold in the flour and salt until just combined. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a crust forms on the surface and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before cutting. I like to take them out like a big brick of fudge and cut them on a cutting board. Then return them to the pan.

Enjoy! We always do…

No comments:

Post a Comment