Sunday, January 19, 2014

gluten-free brownies with mint frosting

Jaden is my brownie maker. When he was six he started making them better than I could make them. I tried a couple gluten-free recipes and decided that this was the closest I would get to his brownies.

I started with a recipe from "My Gluten-free Kitchen" and adjusted it to be closer to my recipe. She suggests making them over a couple of days. I make the brownies at night, put them in the fridge and finish the rest in the morning.

Here is the link (and it's worth a visit just to see the beautiful stack of mint brownies).
My Gluten-free Kitchen Mint Chocolate Brownie

My results…


Gluten-free Brownie Recipe
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup cocoa
5 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup gluten free flour mix
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (optional if it is already in you GF flour mix)

Preheat oven to 350.

Beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, cocoa and butter. Beat well. Add remaining ingredients and beat on high for 2-3 minutes.

Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool then place in the fridge to get cold.

Mint Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. mint (1 tsp. if you like it really minty)
Food coloring (optional)

Beat butter until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat well. Spread onto the brownies and place in fridge while making the ganache.

Chocolate Ganache
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup butter or whipping cream (I prefer the cream)

Melt in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Continue melting and stirring in 30 second intervals until it is smooth.

Carefully spread ganache over the mint frosting. Return to fridge to harden.

Store covered in the refrigerator or freeze in ziploc bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment