Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Banana Blueberry Crepes

My life has basically revolved around food photos and EMT class. Sadly, it seems I am getting worse at both instead of better. So, this weekend was just what the doctor ordered. We took the family to a hotel and we all swam and played to our hearts' content!

Here's a little clip of the kids in the jacuzzi...



We got a fabulous suite with a jacuzzi and king bed (the kids slept on the sofa bed in the living room). I found this great deal on the room for just $100 through hotels.com (including dinner and breakfast- which made life easier).

Ashley told me the Fabrizzio's were going to Logan also, so I texted Heather to see if she had found a place to stay. She called the hotel and our two families had a great weekend together. It was wonderful for the children to swim and watch movies with their friends. Plus, it's always nice having friends around!

On another note... last week my friend Emily had a Valentine's Day brunch. I love brunch! She made a quiche that was out-of-this-world! I made these lovelies...



Here's the recipe for the next time you are invited to brunch (or just want to have a tea party with your kids)...

Banana Filled Crepes

    1 1/2 cups flour 
    2 cups milk
    2 eggs
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbs butter, melted
    1 tsp vanilla
      1/4 tsp almond extract

    Mix dry ingredients, then add wet. Beat together until they are smooth.

    Heat a medium sized skillet on medium-high. Pour 1/4 to1/3 cup batter in the center. Lift your skillet off the burner and whirl it around until you have a thin layer of batter covering the bottom of the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes. Flip over and cook another minute or two until it is lightly golden. Remove to a plate.

    Place sliced bananas on 1/2 of the crepe and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Fold two times (into quarters). Stack on plate. Cover with blueberries and whipped cream.

    Yum! I haven't had crepes in years. They remind me of my childhood in Guatemala. There was this place that made fabulous strawberry crepes with vanilla ice cream. I also remember their yummy spinach and cheese crepes (and the hot dog crepes that I never dared to taste!).

    I wonder how many of you recognize this sign? Does it bring back memories for you too?


    Or are you like my dad and husband? This is what they remember... Steak.

    The owner of Media Cancha
    I am so missing Guatemala right now. It is February and I should be there, but I chose to become an EMT and so that is what I am doing (or trying to do).

    Here's one last picture. This is where Jesse and I had our first date. It's an Argentine churrasco place and a story I will have to tell in full one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment