Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thunderclap Headache

Jaden can't sleep because he is too worried about what he's seen happening to me (i.e.: me collapsing and stuttering). For those of you who have shared his worries I hope this answers questions and provides some relief.

What I am experiencing is the result of a thunderclap headache (occurred on Sunday night and was pretty disturbing). Usually this burst on your brain is caused by bleeding or clotting. Mine had no bleeding which is not only fortunate, but lifesaving. We had to do extensive testing, including the world's worst spinal tap, to make sure there is no trace of blood or swelling on my brain. The only residual effect of this thunderclap is damage to my nervous system. This is temporary and with a lot of rest I should get better. The doctor does not know how long I will have the stroke-like symptoms (could be days, weeks or months) but we should know my general trajectory within the next 3-5 days.

We are so grateful that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. And especially grateful for the wonderful friends who have rushed me to the doctor, made dinner, cleaned the house and loved our children. Our Grace family is truly amazing!!

¡¡THANK YOU & WE LOVE YOU!!

(Jaden picked the banner colors for the thank you and they are so not my style but I'll humor him...)

P.S. If you ever feel like your head has been shut down and rebooted or suddenly slammed by cymbals-
Go to an ER immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment