Thursday, February 23, 2012

In the Garden

Grandma Sally's funeral service is tomorrow and we are going to sing "In the Garden", but I hadn't heard it until this morning. I have been avoiding the flood of emotions. I miss her.


She was the first grandma I ever really knew. She was also the most perfect grandma, never missing a birthday or family gathering. Ever so easy to visit with. Best of all, she always had a smile for us even through cancer and the many other pains she suffered these past few years.

I am happy for her. Her sweet spirit is finally free from the pains of her aging body. I can't help but wonder what I would do without the gospel of Jesus Christ. What hope is there if not for our resurrection and reunion with our loved ones?

Here is my favorite arrangement of her song.



No comments:

Post a Comment