Thursday, August 11, 2011

No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars

I made these last night and they were a hit! I found the recipe on the blog Buns In My Oven, which has some really fun recipes.

Pic from Buns In My Oven

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I wish I'd used milk chocolate, but that's just me)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
In a medium saucepan cook butter, brown sugar, and oats for 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla. Press half of the oat mixture into an 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment/wax paper.
Microwave the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth, stirring occasionally. Spread over the crust.
Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate.
Refrigerate for a few hours before cutting...I'm impatient when it comes to yummy treats, so I just popped it in the freezer for 30 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I am trying this TONIGHT!!! it looks soooo good and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at peanut butter! yum, these look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I think these will be a new picnic favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm. too bad i'm not eating chocolate forever. the things i sacrifice while nursing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Nursing can be quite the sacrifice, but so worth it!! You'll have to make peanut butter bars or something like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete