|Pic from Buns In My Oven|
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I wish I'd used milk chocolate, but that's just me)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
In a medium saucepan cook butter, brown sugar, and oats for 3 to 4 minutes. Add vanilla. Press half of the oat mixture into an 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment/wax paper.
Microwave the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth, stirring occasionally. Spread over the crust.
Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate.
Refrigerate for a few hours before cutting...I'm impatient when it comes to yummy treats, so I just popped it in the freezer for 30 minutes.