Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Skylander Party

Last week was Jaden's big Skylander party. A part of me felt like I should be doing a cute "It's great to be 8" theme, but Skylanders it had to be.

The week of the party I asked Jaden what his expectations were and I got two things out of him. Fun and a Portal of Power cake. That left me with one thing to focus on. The cake. I was VERY worried about the cake because when I made cupcakes for his class they turned out like this (FYI: if cupcake liners are labelled as "no molds needed" it's a lie!).

Yep check that one out on the right. Terrible. Then I had to borrow a cake mix from a neighbor and luckily got the one on the left.


In the end, I had fun making and decorating the cake. I haven't used fondant in years and it's even better than play dough.

Portal of Power....


Here are other party pics (my little disclaimer: I had photography issues that day and no one to blame but myself)....



The bad guys are "jawbreakers" and Kaos is a bad guy...


Pop candy because of Pop Fizz...


Peeps because when Stump Smash smashes things birds fly out (the boys wouldn't eat the pink!)...


We also had Eruptor's Lava (red punch), Trigger Happy's gold coin chocolates and Skylander rings.

Dinamite because of Sonic Boom...


This is about the best smile I can get out of him when he is distracted...


Lots of fun boys!!


Now as long as Jesse doesn't expect a big bash for his birthday in May we should be home free for the next 10 1/2 months! Phew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment